Friday, January 30, 2009

Kay Talks about hemorrhoids.

My name is Kay, and I am 58 years old. Ten years ago I went through menopause. Before then, I had never taken any vitamins or food supplements. As menopause set in, my body underwent many changes and health problems appeared one after another.

But the first health problem I want to talk about is hemorrhoids. It start about 2 years ago. Itching and pain would accompany blood stains on my underwear. I tried using medicated suppositories but it did not really help. After a while, lumpy tissue would protrude from my anus. It seemed like my rectum muscles were losing their elasticity. I had to constantly push the lumpy tissue back in.

Some people told me about surgical options, but I didn't have health insurance or money for surgery so I started researching about alternative solutions to hemorrhoids. I read a variety of health books. Today I have about seventy health books that mention almost every remedy. Most of the books also suggested taking fiber, but that didn't help me because I wasn't constipated in the first place.

Then I got the book, "Dead Doctors Don't Lie", by Dr. Joel D. Wallach.
On page 344 it mentions that the primary cause of hemorrhoids is copper deficiency which causes a breakdown of elastic fibers in the veins. Maybe he was right! Then I did further research about copper and found out:

"Automobile tires have inner tubes, and a good strong tube can be inflated to almost any desired pressure without problems. But, if there was a structural weakness in the rubber, the tube will develop bubbles popping out from the surface, give way and bust, and the tire will suddenly collapse. Bang - a blow out! Very much of the same kind of thing can happen to your arteries. The lack of copper in the tissue causes a decrease in the elasticity of blood vessel." -The Encyclopedia of Common Diseases, page 880.

Dead Doctors Don't Lie also mentions a story about copper deficiency in turkeys [page 34]. In an autopsy, almost all the turkeys in a farm died from ruptured aortic aneurysm. One clever pathologist said, "This has got to be due to a copper deficiency, because copper is required to manufacture the heavy elastic fibers found in arteries". The next year the amount of copper in the feed pellets was doubled. Not a single turkey died afterward from a ruptured aneurysm.

This was my solution! I wanted to try copper, but I need to know how much was safe to take.

Let's Play Doctor by Dr. Wallach suggests [page 116];
Base line Nutritional Supplement Program for Adults-copper [RDA 2mg]
True Supplemental need 3 to 4mg
30 Day Pharmacological daily dose 4 to 6mg.

I purchased copper tablets containing 2.5mg each. I took one tablet daily for week, and I felt my rectum muscles tighten. But, they were not quite normal yet, and I knew I needed a little more. If I took two tablets, it seemed like too much. I considered taking one and a half tablets, but I didn't want to cut the tablets in half.

I looked for copper from other sources, and found supplements from Costco. Costco has calcium citrate at 250mg with 0.5mg of copper. So now I was taking one tablet of copper at 2.5mg and one tablet of calcium citrate containing 0.5mg of copper. It was almost but not quite right. Then I took one copper tablet at 2.5mg and two calcium tablets which added 1mg of copper. The total copper intake was 3.5mg.

It was perfect and my rectum got tight and healthy as a young person, no more pain or bleeding! Finally hemorrhoids were cured.

By the way, my multi-vitamin and minerals do not contain copper. Maybe the reasons for this are;
1. Zinc and Copper compete for absorption sites, if there is too much zinc, copper absorption will be decreased and vice-versa.
2. High intake of Molybdenum can lead to copper deficiency.

So, I decided that copper should be taken separately when zinc and molybdenum are present. But I need molybdenum just as much as I need copper, and that's another story to tell.

Next time I will be writing about neck and back pain. I will only write about true experiences by me or people I know. It seems that there is a cure for every ailment in the health books I read, including natural remedies for cancer.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions or unusual recovery stories, please let me know. I might not have time to reply to everyone, but I would still like to hear your story.

Kay
January 30, 2009
My e-mail address is: kaytalkshealth@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Dr Joel Wallach is the answer, all that other stuff has always been lies...

    ReplyDelete